Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sharing the Gospel

I believe in the priesthood of believers and the "Great Commission":

Matthew 28:19-20 (English Standard Version)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

I feel, however, inadequate in presenting the Gospel to others. I understand the grave repercussions of misrepresenting the Gospel, but I also know that it is my duty as a Christian to share the Gospel. I will spend the rest of my life in the study of God and His Word and I will seek to share what I learn with anyone who will listen. I do feel inadequate at times, but I will share the Gospel in my inadequacies. I take solace in the conversation at the burning bush. God has told Moses that he will return to Egypt and lead God's people out of exile, but Moses needs reassurance.

Exodus 4:10-12 (English Standard Version)

10But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue." 11Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 12Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

May the LORD be with my mouth and teach me the words I shall speak.

RC

No comments: